C-Track 50 focuses on the following thematic areas:
- Capacity building: Building the capacity of project partners and collaborating municipalities on themes, such as policy planning to achieve carbon neutrality and facilitating collaborative work among public authorities. Emphasis is given on learning from frontrunners and experts, as well as exchanging experiences.
- Multi-level governance. Working together with national, regional and local authorities in an effort to promote collaboration and coordinate activities related to energy and climate policy planning.
- Energy and climate planning: Providing technical support to public authorities at the local and regional level to develop or enhance long term local and regional energy and climate policy plans.
- Access to funding: Providing technical assistance and support to local and regional authorities to secure funding for implementing selected actions included in energy and climate plans.
- Communication and dissemination: Disseminating and exploiting the project results, as well as promoting the concept of carbon neutrality by 2050.