C-Track 50 in Brief
Putting Regions on Track for Carbon Neutrality by 2050 (C-Track 50) is an EU funded project under the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme, launched on March 2018.
C-Track 50 aims to achieve climate resilience and carbon neutrality by 2050 by:
- mobilising and guiding public authorities in defining long-term energy policy priorities,
- promoting multi-level governance and
- supporting regional and local authorities in developing, financing and implementing ambitious integrated sustainable energy and climate policy action plans.
C-TRACK 50 is expected to contribute considerably towards achieving the 2030 and 2050 EU energy and climate targets, through engaging and activating local and regional public authorities. The project will empower them to develop, finance and implement ambitious sustainable energy and climate resilient plans and actions. C-Track 50 specifically addresses the following two actions that are part of its scope:
- Supporting public authorities to foster local integrated energy, transport mobility and land-use planning.
- Supporting public authorities to foster multi-level governance, linking up national and sub-national levels for delivering integrated sustainable energy planning and projects to achieve synergies and economies of scale